Our Architecture & Design/Build Process
SLI's architecture and design/build process begins with preliminary planning. In this phase, we work with you to develop preliminary plans and cost estimates. There is no cost to you for this service.
Meet with you to identify current/future staffing needs, adjacencies and equipment requirements
Prepare Preliminary Plans
- Site Plans
- Floor Plans
- Furniture Layouts
- Building Elevations
- Computer Models
Develop a Scope of Work –
Describes generic specifications including:
- Utilities, Site Work, and Drainage
- Building Construction
- Interior Finish-out
- Furnishings and Equipment
Prepare Cost Estimates –
Detailed cost estimates will be prepared based on preliminary plans and the scope of work. It will be within 10% (+/-) of final cost.
The Result –
A total concept that answers the questions
- What will it look like?
- How will it be built?
- How much will it cost?
There is No Risk or Cost to the Owner for this Phase
Architecture & Interior Design
During this phase, design development is completed and construction documents are prepared. Upon completion of this phase, a fixed cost is delivered to the owner.
Each Project Team includes a/an:
- Interior Designer
- Construction Manager
- FF&E Purchasing Agent
- Construction Bid Coordinator
- Independent Engineers
The project team develops the plans by designing to the budget established with the preliminary cost estimate. As construction documents are prepared, the team ensures all code requirements and local ordinances are incorporated into the drawings.
Construction assemblies are designed based on current cost trends and in-field applications.
SLI's in-house resource library provides access to state-of-the-art and generic specifications and assemblies.
- We take a minimum of three bids in each major category of the work
- We ask you for any related trades or suppliers that you would like to have bid on the project
- We purchase materials direct from the factory guaranteeing the best price while minimizing the risk of underlying sub- contractor and supplier liens
- We provide complete bid-to-budget analysis including all FF&E project costs
- We maintain vendor and subcontractor insurance logs
- At the conclusion of the Part 1 services, you will have a complete bid with no risk of contractor driven change orders
As an architectural & design/build firm, SLI is the general contractor and project manager. We build the project, furnish it and move in the owner.
The Project Team members continue to work directly with each other to assure quality throughout the build process.
The project superintendent, a SLI staff member, is on-site full time during construction. The superintendent is dedicated to one project and does not leave the project until completion.
During the Construction Phase, we provide frequent, routine meetings, reports and scheduling including:
- Team member visits to the project site on a regular basis
- Weekly team meetings to review outstanding issues and required follow-up
- Critical path scheduling and order tracking to keep the project on-time
- Written weekly status reports to update the owner
- Internal and independent reviews to improve awareness --safety is a priority
The result is a quality project completed on-time and in-budget!
This is a schedule for a job from start to finish that shows activities on a time line - what starts when and what has to be done before another part can begin.